Thursday, August 30, 2007

Peace shattered on the bus

Typically, my bus ride to work is relatively peaceful. Everyone is polite – no pushing or shoving, always saying “excuse me” or “thank you.” Two bus stops after mine, this White girl, wearing skin-tight black pants and a white shirt gets on. She was talking on her pink RAZR™, and I don’t mean just talking into the phone, but to everyone on the bus. I mean she got heads to turn. I had my headphones to my MP3 player near maximum volume, and I could still hear her! The poor girl next to her had been napping prior to her entry onto the bus… and of course, she had to sit right next to her! She felt the need to let everyone in on her conversation. From what I could pick up, she was talking to someone who wanted to move out of their current residence before their lease was up. She talked so much that I think 90% of her conversation was with herself. Her voice carried right through my Noise Cancellation headphones like a knife through butter. She had the most nasal voice, kept using hand gestures that would continuously bump into her napping neighbor, who, might I add, opened her eyes on several occasions and would appear ready to beat the crap out of her. When she finally got off the phone, you could hear a heavy sigh of relief throughout the bus, including the driver. She was definitely a 10… I needed the Whaaaambulance to pick her ass up in a bad way.

No comments: