Thursday, August 30, 2007

Still thinking about the old workplace

Lately I’ve been getting a good handful of people who have been showing their appreciation for all that I do. My job isn’t at all that difficult actually; the hardest part is keeping more than one person happy simultaneously, almost like babysitting. But at my last job, I was nothing more than a female (they couldn’t drop the fact that I was a minority, too) that was to do whatever they demanded of me. My opinions never mattered. They could’ve cared less about my past experience and expertise. What’s even more amazing was that these two people were department heads and neither of them knew what the hell they were doing. My old boss didn’t even know how to do an email attachment! The other department head had other people doing the job they should’ve been doing. Coincidentally, they both had the tendency to freely admit that they weren’t attuned to company policies and procedures. When we got audited, I was told, in short to cover their asses. Had it not been for the money, I would’ve blown their cover. These people, as well as the company as a whole, were the most inconsiderable and fucked up people I’ve ever worked with. All they cared about were themselves and money. It was most befitting of the industry – it was connected to properties, I’ll leave it as that. Rude, greedy, self-centered, and hypocritical and a bunch of liars... oh yeah, two-faced, can’t forget that. I think that one of them was even a lush! I’m slapping a 10 on these people… they actually need to be carried away in loony wagons.

No comments: