Wednesday, August 29, 2007

At the dinner table – Rectangular vs. Round

Andy Milonakis showed off a tattoo he received of a coffee table. He described it as “mundane.” It may be ordinary and boring, but I enjoy its shape and use. I feel the complete opposite about round tables. I grew up having to use this huge round table for fancy dinners, especially when everyone and their mom were over at the house. I can’t stand round tables. I’m forced to look at everyone around me; what if I’ve got company that I can’t stand! Round tables make me feel like I’m losing space around me. I tend to lean more towards the use of the traditional rectangular tables where the heads of the family can sit at either end. You really get to practice manners in passing the salt & pepper, etc, whereas with a round table, everyone tends to reach over you for what they want. Call me weird… call me strange… I don’t like round tables.

No comments: