Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Rear-ending someone while DUI, and you go free!

I got rear-ended on Sunday by this idiot driving his white Toyota Celica. I was at Clackamas Town Center - my wife and I were planning on seeing a movie so I stopped at a stop sign to let her out so she could take down the movie titles and times. As she reached for a pen, BOOM! My neck was in immediate pain. I yelled out, "FUUUUCK!" which we laughed about later on. I quickly got out of the car to assess the damage. I had a few knicks in the rear bumper and some white paing from the guys car. The guy didn't even want my insurance info but I made him take it anyway. He stared at my driver's license for a good 10 seconds, trying to figure out what was my first and last name. The next thing I knew, as I stood next to him to watch him write stuff down on a piece of paper, I noticed that he was reeking of alcohol. My head was throbbing by this point. After we were done exchanging all the bullshit, he drove off from behind me, cutting me off, pulling into the parking log to our left, almost hitting two other vehicles, one being a huge truck. The asshole had no shame. I called my insurance company and left a message, then I called the non-emergency number to Clackamas Police to report the guy's reckless driving and his DUI condition. Meanwhile, I find out that the insurance company doesn't care of the driver was DUI and rear-ended me because the damage wasn't extensive. WTF? Do you want my car to be in a total wreck in order to take action? I don't have a $500 deductible for my health!

No comments: