Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hypertension's a B-I-T-C-H!

Hypertension runs in my family. My mom was diagnosed with it when I was very young. My dad was diagnosed about 4 or 5 years ago. Yesterday, I found out I have it. I'll be 30 in August. No, it's NOT normal to have it at my age, but the fact of the matter is, I have it and now I'm on meds for it. Right now, my head feels like a dozen jackhammers going at it. On top of that, my new doc made me get a flu shot, so my whole body hurts no matter which way I move. It hurts to type even now as we speak. It hurts if you touch my hair... and the sun, which decided to show itself in our 35 degree weather in the Pearl District, is making it worse for me. One of many side effects of my new medication is sensitivity to sunlight. The others like headache, dizziness, excessive urination, I've got it all. Great. Wonderful. Fucking peachy. I'm stoked. No really I am. What better place to suffer from all this shit than at the workplace!

No comments: