Thursday, October 4, 2007

Interstate 80 in the Bay Area is going to collapse

Rolling into CA from the north, my partner and I had found the driving trip to be smooth and easy going... until... we entered into the realm of Ricmond and Berkeley. YIKES! Something we definitely did not miss about living in CA was the traffic conditions. Check this out: It's raining, cars are bumper to bumper, yet the merging traffic that's coming from the on-ramp to join the rest of the smashed tin cans decide to fly by at an easy 70 MPH when you shouldn't even be going the speed limit until you reach the freeway. NICE PEOPLE! Let me hand over a box of tissues for your issues. In the 20 years I lived in CA, I have come to noticed that even with traffic, there are people who find their needs and time to be more important so they must rush through to get passed those that have been waiting in line to get to their destination. Once we arrived the Bay Bridge toll plaza, the traffic merely trickled in. While on the bridge, I watched several folks get cut off, honked at, and of course tailgated. People, the freeway and the bridge aren't going anywhere, unless you keep it up and you'll see it go down thanks to your stupidity and impatience. Oh and before I forget, defensive driving is OUT, obeying the rules of the road is IN. If you want to play bumber cars, I'll throw you a sack of quarters and send you to Great America where you can have a field day. I'm applying a strong 10 to the many little lead foots of the Bay Area.

No comments: