Thursday, October 4, 2007

Attacked by Dragon "Lady?" on the bus


I say this with "?" because I really couldn't tell if it was indeed a man or a woman. I'm on the bus going home and about three stops after I got on, this big amazon of a person gets on. I was involved with the game I was playing on my cell phone so I never bothered to look up at their face, but I could see dress shoes on to a pair of what looked like size 13 men's feet, painted toes, a velvety skirt that dropped to the lower calves, and a black leather coat. The smell that permeated from them was like wet dog, perhaps because it was raining outside. Well anyway, they got mad because I wouldn't scoot over to the next seat for them to take my seat - I hate being squished against the window esp. by a big lug like that - so I simply moved my legs over so he/she could sit by the window. I had my headphones on so I couldn't hear what they mumbled. Once he/she was sitting down, I gave my neck a rest from looking down for too long. When I looked out the fogged up window, there was the thing, with platinum blonde hair and a beret on top. The hands were folded on top of the purse that was really the size of a carry-all bag. Those hands! They were HUGE! And not to mention hairy. The nails... OMG. I kid you not. The nails were all fake and painted badly. The fake nail that was on the thumb was the size of my whole pinky finger. Then their cell phone rang. In a deep, baritone voice, "Hello? Hi Joanne..." I don't know what stopped me from making faces and noises. Growing up in San Francisco, I've seen many drag queens and cross dressers - so many it'd make your head spin. But you know, most were tasteful and elegant, some were even better looking than real women. This guy next to me? He was from the Dollar Store of drag queens. Yeck! Those nails were coming at me like I was a salami to be sliced! Darlings, be who you are by all means, but please, for the love of God, look your part, too! You don't have to wear your Sunday's best, but at least look like you want to get hit on!

No comments: