Friday, January 4, 2008

Back to babysitting after the holidays

I don't care how many years an Admin person has been in the business. I will say this once and for all. Being an Office Manager is the EXACT same thing as being a babysitter. The main downfall is that the majority of the people you end up babysitting are older than you are, for the most part. I swear... I come back to the office after a nice, long, much-needed vacation, and the first thing I hear from one of the same, typical whiners is, "It isn't working," and, "Can you get more of this?" Christ people! How about trying this for a change, "Hey! How was your Christmas and New Year's? Did you have fun on vacation? Did you go anywhere?" But I guess it takes more effort to be nice to someone unless you see some sort of benefit for yourself. It's obviously much easier for them to ask/ demand what they need/ want. It takes up less energy and brain activity... Not a whole lot of thought involved.

No comments: