Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The everyday-news meteorologist vs. The Weather Channel

Living in Portland, OR has gotten me all excited to be able to experience all four seeasons again after wasting away over 20 years in California. Last night we had a select few meteorologists saying that the outskirts of Portland were going to receive a few "snow showers." I live in the outskirts of Portland. There was nothing! Then other meteorologists were saying that Troutdale and Beaverton were getting snow. I turned on the news on TV and then looked at the weather forecast online with Yahoo. They were the complete opposite of each other. The TV had ice in Troutdale at 32 degrees while Yahoo had rain showers at 44 degrees. I'm no meteorologist however I have been interested in the field for as long as I can remember. We've got modern technology people!!! USE THE SHIT RIGHT! Every meteorologist is bound to make mistakes as 60% of the time their forecasts are usually predictions and guesses. But seeing that difference between what TV and Yahoo had made me pissed to no end. Are we or are we not going to get snow damn it?!?!

No comments: