Thursday, September 20, 2007

Phone Etiqutte out of style

One of the rudest things to do is tell someone you're going to call them back and then you don't. Naturally if you don't like the person and you're just trying to avoid them, then it's acceptable. But for people who you intend on staying friends with, or people you know you want to maintain good contact with for the sake of keeping them in your life, period... for God's sakes call them when you say you will!

My shit-list has this as one of the top-ranking items that is a pet peeve of mine. I like to have certain people make sure to call me when they're going out of town for what ever reason... I want to know that they're safe, etc. When I don't get a call like they say they will, I not only freak out, I get PISSED OFF in a big way. NO ONE wants to deal with my temper. Anger issues? Nah... but you definitely want to stay away from my dark side. Same goes for emails. If you say you're going to email someone back, do it. It takes less effort than having to come up with something to say and how to say it over the phone. Call it being anal, but hell, I like it.

No comments: