Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Senior Citizens are not such an easy target for robbery

I wouldn't think of taking advantage of old people... EVER. I've seen old people who were made to stand on fast moving buses where the drivers love to slam on their brakes and the poor old people go flying across the way, landing on other passengers or lose their balance and have a bad fall. Then you've got the ones who look helpless but dress nice for the mall because they like to and want to... you think they're made of money... and then the bad thought runs across the greedy people's minds...

My dad was attacked in the parking lot of our local shopping mall a few years back... he was just minding his own business while walking to the car so he could drive up to the mall entrance to pick up my mom. Then this teenage Asian punk accompanied by two others came up behind him and pushed him against the car demanding his wallet. My dad refused, which prompted the asshole to swing at him... but instead, he missed and my dad punched him instead. The kid's two cronies did nothing but stare and then ran for it. Little did they know my dad used to be a fighter and was in the military. Don't mess with the bull if you can't take the horns!

Anyway, a 74 yr-old guy in NY almost fell vicitim to a similar asshole who demanded his wallet by using a tire iron as a threat. The old man fought and managed to take control of the tire iron. Needless to say the guy was a fool and was later caught and arrested for attempted robbery. Have people become that desperate that they feel the need to mess with the old folks? I can't say much for my dad's situation but this NY guy was lucky... a nice round 10 for the prick who didn't know what a tire iron was really for.

No comments: